Dear parents, carers and students,
We have had a busy week finalising our plans for our full opening following all of the government guidance at the start of last week. We are excited to be welcoming back all students and moving back to full time timetables for all students onsite already.
As the majority of our students have been onsite for the duration of the Lock Down we have already completed the 3 onsite Covid tests that were required to come back to school. Next week in PSHE classes we will be teaching students how to undertake their own Covid tests using the home testing kits that we will then be sending home with every student to start twice weekly testing at home from the week commencing 15th March 2021.
For any students returning to school for the first time next week, we will be conducting one test on their first day of return, one three days after and then one three days after that point.
We understand that the last year has been a difficult one for everyone and we are keen to get our students back in the classroom full time, focusing on their learning. We have a strong programme of support and wellbeing embedded into our school ethos and all of our classes to support students wellbeing in these unprecedented times. The government is clear that they want all students back in school from next week and we share this view.
There is nothing that we want more than having students back in school, with routines as normal, or as near to normal as we can make them with the extra safety precautions and guidelines in place as they have been throughout.
We have worked hard throughout this time to ensure that the school and all staff are adhering to the following expectations:
- Students will sanitise and wash their hands regularly, including on entry to each lesson (sanitiser provided)
- Good hygiene will be encouraged at all times for everyone within the school.
- Following new guidance from the government for the full reopening of schools, we strongly recommend that students and staff wear face coverings when inside the building, including in lessons (where they are not able to sufficiently socially distance) , other than when they are eating and drinking. All students (unless they are medically exempt) and staff must wear face coverings when moving around in communal areas and when moving around the school.
- Students will sit in allocated desks in lessons wherever possible (which are socially distanced)
- Windows will be open for ventilation during break and lunch times as much as possible to minimise risk, so students should bring a suitable coat with them to school if it is cold.
- No mass gatherings inside (such as open evenings, parents evening) until further notice.
The school day will return to its usual timetabled times as detailed below. This is to ensure adequate staggered starting times of groups.
ESOL 14-16 – 9:15am – 2:40pm Monday to Thursday; 9:15-12 Friday
ESOL Group 1 – Monday 1-3pm; Tuesday-Thursday 10am – 3pm
ESOL Group 2 – Monday – Wednesday 10am – 3pm; Thursday 10am-12pm
14-16 Group 1 – 9:15am – 2:40pm Monday to Friday
16-19 Group 1 – 10-3pm Monday to Wednesday
16-19 Group 2 – 10-3pm Wednesday to Friday
Students should attend every day and arrive on time, The school will be open to every student, with attendance expected unless students are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, in which case they should self-isolate and get tested as per government guidance. As a reminder symptoms to look out for include a raised temperature, a new continuous cough (for prolonged periods), and a loss or change to sense off smell and/or taste.
Finally, we look forward to welcoming back all of our students and moving back to full time timetables, and we would like to thank all of our parents and carers for working with us over the recent difficult times. If you have any concerns or need to contact us for any reason, then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.